Chasing My Dreams




Chasing your dreams becomes increasingly harder the older you get. A smart person leaves home after high school and goes off to college. I so wish that I would have done this and experienced the college life (frat parties and Spring Break *wink*). I got married, had children, and then went to college. Well guess what?! I got to spend my nights doing school work and my days cleaning house and changing diapers. FUN!! 

I have always known that I wanted to write. I want to publish several books. I want to edit other people's books. I want to be in the publishing community in any way that I can.  
The older I get the more it seems that my dreams are just floating away on the clouds while I stand on the grown below just watching them go by. I live in suburbia California. BLAH! I am as far away from the big name publishers as I can get (at least that is how I feel).

Two weeks ago I decided it was my turn. No more just supporting the hubby's dreams. It is time that I chase mine. I decided to take a leap and hope for the best. I started putting out resumes for jobs in New York and LA. I haven't heard anything back and, to be honest, I am not sure that I expect too. I know that I first have to prove myself. How am I going to do that when no one will give me a chance???? I am not sure yet, but I can promise you that one day people will know me by name. You never know what lies ahead until you are brave enough to leave. I am finally brave enough. Are you??